Freshly Launched :: Busy Breathers

Freshly Launched :: Busy Breathers, LLC
Launched :: Michelle Staley

LaunchHER says ::
As mothers, we have a special place in our heart for stories like Michelle’s.  We are inspired by her story and how she used a challenging situation as inspiration to create a new and innovative product that will help hundreds of families in the future!

In HER words ::
Caring for a healthy baby can be overwhelming at times, but when you’re caring for a child born prematurely, it seems even the simplest task becomes a major undertaking. Consolidation and convenience become vitally important when trying to pack the normal necessities of infant care along with those necessary for special health conditions.

I know this first hand. Our son was born three months premature, his lungs were severely underdeveloped. After he spent four months in the neonatal intensive care unit, I was very excited to finally get my little boy home. This happiness however was overshadowed by fear about my baby being on oxygen 24 hours a day for the next two years.

Along with this fear was my frustration of having to carry a purse, diaper bag, bottles, oxygen bag-along with my baby and equipment. I knew there had to be a better system to carry all of these items but I could find nothing available. Because of this frustration, I decided to design my own oxygen backpack so I would only have to carry one organized system. I knew that this backpack would help mothers that have children on oxygen, as well as others that have to be on oxygen, get back to their busy lifestyle with more ease and efficiency. This was the beginning of Busy Breathers LLC.

Our BUSY BREATHERS Oxygen Backpack is the better system to carry all of your oxygen and medical items in one convenient and attractive bag. “500,000 babies are born prematurely each year, and many of those will go home requiring oxygen tanks and equipment.” The statistics of the National Lung association put over a million people on oxygen any given day in the United States. That means that theoretically, bags from Busy Breathers could be in millions of homes someday!

Huggies brand diapers recently recognized me for my innovative idea, as well as my tenacity to take it to market, with a $15,000 grant from its new Huggies® MomInspired™ Grant Program. I have also added 19 more health related products to my website and continue to work on innovating my bag designs and other products.
Just for LaunchHER readers :: Use code LaunchHER upon checkout and receive 10% off your entire purchase! Offer ends March 1, 2010.

Find out more about Michelle through her Site, and follow her on Facebook and Twitter!

1. amycornwell says:

What an amazing story! It's awesome when moms take action and create a product to make a moms life easier! Amazing lady!

2. monkey-toes says:

Michelle is truly an inspiration!

3. This amazing story was one close to my heart; you see Michelle is my niece and an one of the most inspiring women I know! I've watched this beautiful mom and businesswoman become a leader in the world of oxygen carrying bags in the last few years with her innovative design to help all that have to carry oxygen everyday. Thanks for sharing her story; a truly inspiring one and a great way for others to know that they too can become a leader in the womens work field!

4. Selena and Anna says:

What a great story and so great that you invented such a necessary item!! Congrats on the Huggies award too :-)

Annie & Isabel

5. kirraleebaker says:

Congratulations Michelle! I love that you took control of your situation and did something to make life easier for yourself. I'm sure your determination and innovation will be appreciated by many other parents in similar situations. Best of luck for the future!

6. Sweet Harper says:

What an inspiration! As a mom of kids with asthma, I can really appreciate the importance of making it easy to carry the necessary medications. I am sure there are many families that will really benefit from this product.

7. Chief Executive & Fashion Officer says:

Congratulations, Michelle!!

My daughter came home with a trach so I can relate to how difficult it can be to not only learn to manage life with a newborn but also managing life with a newborn with health issues. We "special medical need" mommies are so left out! I feel like we're always leaving something out of the baby's huge diaper bag – fortunately, it's never her medical equipment. All the best to you and your little guy!

8. Michelle Staley says:

Thank you everyone for such kind comments. Grateful to LaunchHer that they wanted to share our story!